Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What's On My Desk? You Asked?

I just found this fun little place in the blogosphere.  Julia at The Stamping Ground has a midweek party called What's On Your Desk Wednesday which asks bloggers to show their stuff.  Not just any stuff either.  It is a request for images of our desks in the raw. No staging allowed!  I wasn't planning on writing a blog post today, but after taking a look around at the organized mess, I thought, "What the heck?! I'll do this!"  After all, it's kinda a good barometer of what The Homeless Finch is up to this week. 
My desk is a big round table in the middle of my studio space.  I don't go very far without the Internet.  I must be connected in at all times. Notice the screen is on Facebook.  What the heck is going on with Facebook today?! They changed the formatting and it's got everyone in an uproar.  It has actually taken studio time from me today. Sick, I know!  But truth.

On the other side of my table are these little 5 x 5 canvases.  I like to keep 5 x 5s out for working through ideas for larger paintings.  Sometimes I just use them to test out a glaze color that I've mixed before using it on a painting. 

If you look closely at this images, you can see my Homeless Finch brainstorming ideas notes to the left starting out with a note about making an Autumn banner.  Guess I better get on that one!  The little note peaking out from the right, just under that bag that happens to be from Jerry's Artarama, is the list of people who have been making repairs on the house, an electrician, flooring guy and a tree trimmer.  Never ending needs when taking care of one's property.  The Jerry's bag has some new mix media paper that I picked up for a project merging Photoshop techniques with paint.  I am totally excited about this project.
Took out some of my drawing supplies because as I mentioned in my post, It's A Little Sketchy Around Here, that I am wanting to sketch more.  Haven't opened them yet.  Hopefully tomorrow's morning studio time will be a still life of some sort so I have something for the Blue Chair Diary's Sunday Sketches Party.

To the left of my computer is this stack of kitchen books with my handy lime green tape measure and one of several pair of reading glasses that I own.  When I hit my mid 40s, I went totally blind.  No, just kidding.  I just lost my close up eyesight like everyone else does.  It just seems that bad sometimes as I stammer around the house, digging in my purse and scouring drawers for a pair.  Couldn't look through these kitchen books that I have owned for many years without the specs!  Oh well....."it" happens.

So, there you have it....The Homeless Finch desk for today.  You can barely see that cup of coffee or the ever present iPhone off to the right, but hey...I girls gotta have some secrets. (wink)


-The End-
Linking this post to:

9 comments:

Fuchsia said...

Canvas's are fantastic
nice workspace !

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Now, if you hung all those little canvases on separate nails, you could make one large picture and then swap it around when the fancy took you - well, at least, that's what I'd do!! :D
Hugs, LLJ xx

Unknown said...

that was great...can you believe I also was drawn to this linky this am too ? I posted about my mess and stuff I am working on. this is a great idea ...I noticed the plastic cups I use a lot of those too and paper plates I like disposable for painting supplies less mess to wash and store...
KAT

Unknown said...

Hi Lesley, great to see I'm not the only one with loads of stuff on their desk... isn't it annoying the specs thing... I've had to buy cheapy pairs that I leave at home and work just incase I forget my normal pair....my arms are just not long enough, I even have to get someone else to look at my watch.... uggg. :)

Vicky said...

OK...I don't get it! It looks beautiful to me!! It looks like another piece of art...what am I not getting?

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

It looks like the desk of an artistic woman. Your little 5x5's are works of art by themselves. The would look great in a grouping. This isn't scary enough Lesley. You should see my garage. Then again, maybe not.

Neil said...

Thanks for sharing your space this week, I enjoyed visiting and hope you have a fabulous rest of the week. The itty bitty canvasses are cool. Be warned though WOYWW is highly addictive.....

JoZart Designs said...

Hi Lesley, Welcome to WOYWW. Loved your post, great desk and lovely art too.
You don't get to keep secrets here, we love mess and love to snoop... WOYWWers don't miss a trick. We'll be watching.......
JoZarty x

Tertia said...

Love those little canvases! My mom used to say that failing eyesight was God's gift to a woman. When you look in the mirror without the specs, there are no wrinkles. Works for me LOL
Happy very belated WOYWW